These forms are designed to be read by a scanner which translates hand print into characters a computer can use thus reducing human intervention. You can photo copy the blank form as a backup in case you need to correct an entry. The backup blank photocopy must show the complete barcodes at the top and bottom of each form. Please exercise care in filling out these forms. To ensure that your results are translated correctly please follow the rules listed below.
1. Please adhere to the decimal points that appear on the form. Do not add decimal positions that do not appear on the form. This is also true if you report on-line using the web-based forms. The scanner will ignore any decimal points not already on the form. Example: If you enter a value such as “9.0” in a field that requires whole numbers, your result will be recorded as “90”. It is also very important to zero fill all positions to the right of the decimal points where applicable.
2. Use a ball point pen with black or blue ink.
3. Place entries wholly within the result boxes.
4. Fill the bubbles completely. Do not mark with checkmark or X.
5. Do not write comments on the reporting form. These forms are scanned and comments may not be detected. Include a separate page with your account number and your comments.
6. Do not draw lines across the page. If you do not perform a procedure, simply leave it blank.
7. Do not use highlighters.
8. Do not staple.
9. Do not punch holes.
10. Photo copy the blank form as a backup in case you need to correct an entry. The backup blank photocopy must show the complete barcodes at the top and bottom of each form. Complete barcodes will show both carats on either side. See below.
11. Do not tape or stick anything to the form.
12. Do not include your machine print-outs unless you are communicating a problem running the tests.
13. Submit the completed original reporting form. Keep photocopies are for your records. Signed Attestations Statements are for your records. Do not submit with your results.
14. When calling with questions regarding reporting, please have the AAB account number available so as to expedite.
Both carats ( ^ ) must appear at both ends of the barcodes at the top and bottom of the backup blank photocopies.